At Giorgi we’re proud to announce that we’ve just won a swag of awards in the 2020 Perth HIA Housing Awards
and HIA Kitchen and Bathroom Awards.
It was a glamorous evening of celebration for the industry and a proud night for team Giorgi as we reflected
on a busy and rewarding year despite the disruption of COVID.
Giorgi’s awards included the winner of the 2020 Perth Home of the Year for our City Beach residence, winner
of the Apartment of the Year for Echelon, South Perth and winner of the prestigious Peter Overman Award
for Innovation in Housing for our Caversham residence. Giorgi was also nominated finalists in 13 other categories.
Winning the top award, the 2020 Perth Home of the Year, was particularly gratifying. It was even more pleasing
that it was for a City Beach home owned by our lead architect Gavin Hestelow.
HIA WA Executive Director Cath Hart said this home left a lasting impression.
“The judges commended the home’s architecture, taking into account the execution of a striking minimalist
front elevation, despite the challenges of a sloping site,” she said.
“The finishes throughout the home flawlessly enhance the warm ambience, while the living space has been
designed to optimise natural light, with the main roof of the home forming a series of fixed skylights with
curved ceiling linings for additional brightness.
“The contemporary design is complemented by the use of off-form concrete, polished plaster
and curved cabinetry arches.
“The home contains a range of sustainable features, including the use of low maintenance
materials, and has utilised the orientation of the block by maximising the northern sunlight and
solar principles,” she added.
Here’s a full list of Giorgi’s awards and finalist nominations.
WINNERS – HIA Perth Housing Awards
- 2020 Perth Home of the Year – City Beach
- Custom Built $2.2m–$3m – City Beach
- John Pietersen Award for Custom Built Home of the Year – City Beach
- Framed Housing over $800,000 – City Beach
- Peter Overman Award for Innovation in Housing – Caversham
- Outdoor Project up to $150,000 – City Beach
- Outdoor Project over $150,000 – Caversham
- Outdoor Project Overall – Caversham
- Residential Interior Design – City Beach
- Outdoor Kitchen – Caversham
- New Kitchen over $100,001 – City Beach
- Apartment of the Year – Echelon, South Perth
- Apartment Complex of the Year – Echelon, South Perth
- Apartment over $350,001 – Echelon, South Perth
- Apartment Complex 3 Storeys and over – Echelon, South Perth
FINALISTS – HIA Perth Housing Awards
- Peter Overman Award for Innovation in Housing – City Beach
- Custom Built $2.2m–$3m – Dalkeith
- High Commendation Custom Built over $3m – Caversham
- Custom Built $3m and over – Dalkeith
- Bathroom Design – Caversham
- Kitchen Design – City Beach
- New Bathroom over $35,001 – City Beach
- New Kitchen over $100,001 – Caversham
Awards have been a hallmark of Giorgi for more than 25 years since we won
our first accolade back in 1995.
Now a quarter of a century on, awards like these are a celebration of our longevity through constant innovation
and evolution, as well as a measure of our standing with our industry peers and clients alike.
For enquiries, contact Danny Giorgi 0413 053 800, Gabriel Tana 0419 949 440 or call 9444 0206.